Ready For That Amazing Juice Cleanse Recipe?
Juice cleanses are becoming incredibly popular these days, and many people have not only heard of them but are curious about doing a cleanse.
It can seem a little daunting or overwhelming at first glance since there are a number of things to keep in mind, but with a little preparation, you’ll be ready to clean your system out with some of the tastiest and most effective cleansing juice recipes around.
We’ve taken all the hassle out of researching the best process for performing a 3 day juice cleanse, and even included the juice cleanse recipes and schedules for drinking your juices. We’ve even got a few tips to help you get the most out of your cleanse. Let’s jump right in!
Performing a 3 Day Juice Cleanse.
The Basic Process
Every type of juice cleanse requires that you take certain measures for each part of the cleanse. A 3 day juice cleanse will consist of three stages, the pre-cleanse, the cleanse, and the post-cleanse stage.
There will be things that you will need to do before, during, and after your juice cleanse to get the most benefits. Before starting, you want to make sure your body is ready because you will not be eating anything for three days, other than juice and water.
This is the stage where you prepare your body for the cleanse. It is wise to slowly taper down your food for several days before committing to the cleanse.
Be sure to avoid processed foods for this pre-cleanse stage as well. Drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses per day. Make sure you also avoid coffee, alcohol, and as much sugar as possible during your pre-cleanse.
Here is where the rubber meets the road. When you commit to a 3 day juice cleanse, it is recommended that you stick to a 100% juice menu, since adding solid foods to your digestive system can drastically reduce the benefits of the cleanse.
Be sure to exercise daily during your cleanse, but keep it light. Your body’s caloric intake and expenditure will be very different during your cleanse, so listen to your body and be active in a safe manner.
Once you have completed your juice cleanse, you should take care to slowly reintroduce your body to solid foods. Follow a similar tapering regimen as you did for pre-cleanse, just ramp up your intake, instead of down.
The first day after your cleanse, have plenty of organic fruits and vegetables, followed the next day by incorporating grains. Then begin to build a more complete menu, while keeping your meals healthy and balanced.
Choosing the Best Juicer
The ideal type of juicer for this cleanse is a masticating juicer.
A masticating juicer is going to most effectively separate the juice from the pulp of the fruit, keeping solids out of your juice. This helps make your juice cleanse recipe more effective since you aren’t burdening your digestive system with solids, which greatly reduces the benefits gained by the 3 day juice cleanse.
Another benefit is that masticating juicers do a much better job of extracting the juice from more difficult or dense vegetables, like leafy greens, beets, celery, and even carrots. Centrifugal juicers, while often cheaper, won’t give you near the same extraction as a good masticating juicer.
What about folks that don’t own a juicer, and aren’t exactly able to just run out and buy one, or toss it in the Amazon cart?
Well, they can still enjoy all the benefits of a cleanse, it just might take a little more elbow grease.
Without a juicer, you’ll be at the mercy of your blender, and a strainer. You’ll want to make sure you add a little water to your ingredients when you blend to ensure maximum extraction.
After the mix is blended well, you’ll want to pass it through a strainer or some very fine cheesecloth, so that you can remove as many of the solids as possible. Then you can use the juice you created in the juice cleanse recipes.
The 3 Day Juice Cleanse Recipe Schedule
For three days, all you will be drinking is juice, almond milk, and water. The water you can drink throughout the day but the juices and almond milk will be on a schedule.
What You’ll Be Drinking During Your Cleanse
What would a juice cleanse be without drinking juice? But you this 3 day juice cleanse, you won’t be drinking just any juice. You will be following a schedule with 3 different juice cleanse recipes. Additionally, your cleanse day will be finished with a glass of almond milk to add protein to your day.
Here are the four different concoctions you will be consuming:
- Big Green: The big green is full of healthy veggies. You’ll be drinking 3 servings: Morning, afternoon, and evening
- Big Orange: The Big Orange has plenty of vitamin C and is great for your eyes. You’ll have 2 servings daily: Late morning and evening.
- Big Red: Big Red has lots of antioxidants from the blueberries and grapefruit. You’ll have 2 servings daily: Late morning and evening.
- Almond Milk: Almond milk is the protein source for the cleanse. You only get one serving at the end of the day.
Staying hydrated while doing a juice cleanse is a must. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. You can drink water and green tea only, make sure to avoid coffee.
- Wakeup 7 am – Cup of green tea
- 8 am – Glass of Big Green and water
- 10 am – Glass of Big Orange and water
- 12 pm – Second Glass of Big Green and water
- 2 pm – Big Red and water
- 4 pm – 3rd Glass of Big Green and water
- 6 pm – 2nd glass of Big Orange and water
- 8 pm – Glass of almond milk
The Juice Cleanse Recipes
Each juice cleanse recipe has a balance of fruits and vegetables full of vitamins and minerals. From the antioxidants in parsley to the potassium in the oranges, each type of juice offers many health benefits.
Big Green Recipe
Chock full of vitamins and minerals, the Big Green is a great way to get a healthy dose of antioxidants and fiber. Additionally, spinach is a great source of supplemental iron.
- 3 leave Kale, stem removed and chopped
- A handful of spinach chopped
- ¼ head of cabbage
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 apple cut and seeds removed
- 1 lemon
- ½ inch of ginger
- After gathering your ingredients, start with a base of cucumber, cabbage, and the rest of the veggies that contain more water.
- Next, add your leafy greens to the juicer.
- Follow up with some fresh herbs, ginger, and citrus.
- Finally, throw in your apple and you are good to go.
Big Orange Recipe
This delicious and nutritious juice blend has carrots for eye health, pineapple for digestive health, and turmeric as an immune booster.
- 8 large carrots
- 1 apple cut and seeds removed
- 2 orange rind removed
- ½ cup pineapple
- ½ lemon ring removed
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Place your ingredients in the juicer starting with the pineapple and the orange.
- Now add the apple, lemon, and turmeric.
- Finish with the carrots.
Big Red Recipe
Big Red is great for you because it has antioxidants from the blueberries and grapefruit, and the beets help to lower blood pressure and improve exercise stamina.
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Apple cut and seeds removed
- 2 red beets quartered
- ½ cup Blueberries
- 1 Ruby red grapefruit
- First juice the grapefruit.
- Next juice the apples and blueberries.
- Now juice the carrots.
- Finally, juice the beets giving them plenty of time to extract all the juice.
Almond Milk Recipe
Making almond milk at home is a lot easier than a lot of people expect. While it does take at least 8 hours for the nuts to soak, you can easily knock out the prep work the night before by getting your almonds in the water after dinner. By the time you wake up in the morning, you’ll have almonds that are ready to blend. Fully saturated almonds blend better, resulting in a silky smooth milk creamy, rich milk that tastes a lot like dairy milk. Great to keep on hand if you have issues with dairy.
- 1 cup almond
- 4 cups water
- Option: You can add additional fiber:
- 3 tbsp sunflower, flax, or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 figs or dates, no pits
- 1 cup of berries
- Place the almonds in a bowl and soak for 8-12 hours.
- Drain the almonds. Add them to the blender, along with 4 cups of water.
- Blend for up to 3 minutes, ensuring the almonds are finely ground.
- Place nut milk bag over a bowl. Carefully pour the liquid into the bag.
- Squeeze so the milk flows out of the bag and into the bowl.
- Pour milk into the preferred storage container.
- Stay hydrated – Drink plenty of water during the day
- Make sure to get a full night’s sleep
- Keep the exercise light
- Minimize social activity…You will be cranky
- Don’t chug, take time to drink your juice
- Don’t cleanse too frequently
- If you forget to soak your almonds, blend with really hot water instead